If you read this post on couples massage, you should have an idea of what couples massage is, and what it isn’t.
But for those of you who haven’t gotten there yet, let me give you a brief refresher.
Couples massage IS:
• Two massages occurring simultaneously, with two different massage therapists, in the same room
• Something you should do with someone you trust
• Customized to create an experience that makes you comfortable
• Just like regular massage, except with two people in the room
• A great way to connect with someone you’re close to
• Maybe even a bit romantic!
Couples massage ISN’T:
• Gushy, gooey, erotic, uncomfortable, gross.
As with all massage therapies, couples massage is designed for you, the client. If you’re ever uncomfortable in any way – if you’re experiencing too much or too little pressure, or if your draping is slightly off and you’d like it adjusted, or even if you hate the music that the massage therapist chose – please let the massage therapist know!
It’s our job to make sure you have the best possible experience, and this holds true even with couples massage. So if the setting is a bit too “intimate” feeling for you, we’ll work with you to adjust it. Likewise, if it’s not quite intimate enough – if you don’t feel the connection to your partner, friend, relative, that you wished to achieve – let us know, and we’ll adjust our techniques so your experience matches your expectations!
(Within limits, of course – we do try to avoid the “erotic, gooey, and gross” requests.)
Have you ever tried a couples massage session? What was your experience like? Did you go with a friend or a partner? Was it your first time, or are you a regular?
Let me know about your couples massage experience in the comments! I’d love to hear your stories.